George O. Isaacson of Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., died Aug. 31, 2012.
Dr. Isaacson practiced dentistry in Princeton for many years, including over 20 years with his son Steven. In 1956 he opened a dental practice with his brother Danny. He and his brother co-authored an important text on fixed prosthodontics. After a number of years, he was able to open his own practice in Princeton. Over the years of practice, he gained many honors in his field. He lectured in front of the Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontics and gave a lecture in China. He taught dentistry part time at the University of Pennsylvania from 1962-1980. He became a fellow of the American College of Dentists in 1994.
He graduated in 1954 from Temple University Dental School, where he was a member of Alpha Omega Fraternity, the Kolmer Honorary Medical Society, and the James Society of Oral Pathology.
He was a first lieutenant in the Air Force for two years stationed in Sacramento, Calif.
Active in sports throughout his life, he played basketball for Trenton High. He also enjoyed tennis and golf and was a member of Greenacres Country Club for many years.
He is survived by his wife, Joan (Israelit); two daughters, Laurie Domers and Stacie Isaacson; his son, Steven; and four grandchildren.
Services were held Sept. 4 at Har Sinai Temple, Pennington, with arrangements by Orland’s Ewing Memorial Chapel, Ewing.