Mark Gordon is a long-time member of Congregation Oheb Shalom, which now is in South Orange but was founded in Newark 1859; it was the city’s third oldest synagogue. Mr. Gordon recently transferred copies of the 1987-2016 Oheb Shalom Review newsletters to the Jewish Historical Society’s Howard Kiesel Archives.
Mr. Gordon spearheaded saving and adapting the reuse of Newark’s Prince Street Synagogue, constructed in 1884. He is an executive board member of the Newark Preservation and Landmarks Committee and vice chair of the Greater Newark Conservancy, which bought the building in 1995.
To donate historic documents, photographs, artifacts, memorabilia, or private family collections having to do with the history of Jewish life in Greater MetroWest, email Linda Forgosh at email@example.com or call her at (973) 929-2994.